Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Forever my best friend

Marnie is my oldest and truest friend. I will forever miss her love, warmth and genuine spirit. I live in the house and neighborhood where we grew up in Lincolnshire, Illinois. When I walk in the basement I remember endless sleepovers and wrestle tournaments. Marnie and I would wrestle and she would always beat me. I often walk by her parent’s old house and remember all of the memories. Sneaking people in at night, trying to be quiet not to wake up her parents, jumping on the trampoline. Marnie was my strength, as I was always scared of getting caught. In high school, we would get our “regular” through the McDonalds drive through. We would drive the Pontiac everywhere. Everyone loved Marnie. I just attended my ten year reunion in August, and the first words out of everyone’s mouths were “how is Marnie?” After high school, we backpacked England and Scotland. One adventurous night, Marnie drank too much English cider. She was walking outside by a castle. She thought what she was walking on was grass, it was really lily pads. She kept saying, Megan I fell in a moat and there was quick sand. I said Marnie, I think that it wasn’t quick sand but too many ciders. We had a blast. Later, when we were in college, I studied abroad in Italy, Marnie visited me and we hit every Irish Pub in the city of Florence. About three years ago, Marnie came to Chicago to attend my wedding. She was on the dance floor and the life of the party. I keep watching my wedding video to hold on to those precious moments. On the dance floor, she screams out “Megan I love you.” I would like to take this moment to tell you Marnie, I love you too! Six months ago she sent my son a stuffed animal moose from Alaska. We snuggle it every night and we always will. Auntie Marnie will forever be in our hearts and dreams. I wake up every night and see her face. We will see each other again.

Megan Rogers-Schultz
Getting the munchies after the pubs in England (summer 1995)




Trying to sleep on a train while backpacking in England (summer 1995).


Megan, Marnie and Cara hanging out at a youth Hostel in Endinborough, Scotland (summer 1995).





Shelby, Marnie, Megan and cara all together in England (summer 1995).

No comments: